Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Garden Party

Just came back from seeing the other group's performance, a play called "The Visit." A creepy little tragicomedy about a woman out for revenge and a town too poor to say no. Really cool design, too. Very Gothic, lots of blacks and white and dark eye makeup, but in a non-emo way. Congrats to all the actors- you guys really did great work, it was fun to watch.

It makes me excited to do our show, now that I've seen the space. I can't believe I perform in two days...

We had an amazing rehearsal yesterday. Our director let us do it out in BADA's garden, which was perfect for Midsummer. Such a good time, rolling around in the grass (okay, it was wet, but still, I really missed the feel of grass on my bare feet.), and picking flowers and such. The lover's fight was hilarious as usual, involving leap frog and amusing wrestling and shoe fetishizing. Somehow being out in the garden just made it more magical, more real in a way. I really enjoyed it. Pictures to come on facebook, so heads up.

2 comments:

  1. Only you would say,

    "Somehow being out in the garden just made it more magical, more real in a way."

    Do you see?

    ReplyDelete